Thursday, December 27, 2007

Update From the Sunshine State

It's been weeks since my last true update, so I thought I would fill everyone in on whats been going on. As you can tell from the title, I currently am in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Every year we gather for the ol' Zeldin Family Reunion. All the regulars are here, Uncle Silas Zeldin from Arizona (who strikingly resembles Yosemite Sam), Great Great Grandma Flo Zeldin (Still goin strong at 107), and Cousin Butch Zeldin (on parole for the third time). All 87 of us are out enjoying the beach and splashing in the waves.
We have managed to form our own cliques in the Zeldins. I tend to hang out with the Mexican Zeldins, and sometimes with the Evangelical Zeldins. All are pretty cool, except for those damn Slovak Zeldins. God do I hate them. Anywho, enough about them, lets get back to me.
Two nights ago we had our annual Christmas Dinner at Freddie Chang's Chinese Grill. We reserved a big table and ordered up the menu, a fine tradition. All the leftovers get fed to the family Dogs: Roger, Sparky, Buford, Tessie and Scooby-Doo.
The trip to Freddie Chang's was very interesting. Diego Zeldin and I hopped into the back seat of the Caravan. Uncle Silas drove with Uncle Enus (the family is very supportive of them) and Great Great Grandma Flo. Diego had to carry Grandma's pee-bag while I got into a heated political debate with my gay uncles. They are huge JEdwards supporters and said they would not support my political campaign (see posts 'I am proud to announce my candidacy' and 'My Campaign Continues' for more info). When asked why, they said "I was only 18 and that it was unconstitutional. Plus I am an immature teenager that never takes anything seriously." I never liked them anyway.
After dinner we hit the racetracks for some after dinner fun. All joined in on the excitement, except for Butch. He had to go meet up with some friends. The tracks turned out to be pretty disappointing. We all bet big on a horse named "Guaranteed Winner." However the horse turned out to be ironic because it didn't win. Collectively we lost 20,000 dollars. Except for those damn Slovaks. The bet on a 30-1 underdog pony named "Czech Mate." God Do I hate those Slovaks.
Tomorrow is my last full day with the Zeldins before I head home. I think the hotel staff is getting very tired of us, we are never on time and always try to find ways to spend the least amount of money. I have also realized that this will be my last post of 2007. It's been a great year for bloggin and I wish everyone a safe and happy new year. Except for those fuckin Slovaks.

No comments: